- Pocket size detector with cadenced vibration alert for covert use
- Simple user interface for quick evaluation of 2G & 3G mobile phones
- One button control for operation of major functions
- Low and high sensitivity for near field and far field detection
- Bright LED display with discrimination algorithms for SMS & calls
- Simple user interface with LED signal strength display
- Directional antenna (optional) for accurate pinpoint direction finding
- Advanced signal filtering for fast, accurate detection
- 2G & 3G alarms shown separately
- Latched alarm for unattended monitoring
The GSM196 monitors the (E)GSM900, GSM1800 and WCDMA/UMTS 2100(3G) bands. It is designed to detect the presence of unauthorised mobile phones and then help locate them.
In the Handheld mode, a 9-LED signal level display shows the strongest signal detected and helps to guide the operator to its source. In the Static mode, alarms are latched so that the unit can be left unattended, for example overnight, allowing later analysis.
In both modes, the unit distinguishes between Network signals (text messages and registrations), GSM calls, and 3G calls, and indicates both current and past alarms separately for each type.
Two sensitivity ranges are provided. These are optimised for detection at a distance and location at closer ranges.
For situations where greater accuracy is required and / or specific monitoring is required in areas containing multiple phones, a specially designed directional antenna SA918 system can be used with the GSM196 & GSM196A.
The GSM196A is set-up to the USA, Mexican and South American networks. This device monitors the GSM850, GSM1900, and WCDMA2100 (3G) bands.
- Defensive building search (where mobile phones are prohibited)
- Detection of mobile phones in prisons and detention centres
- TSCM (detection of surveillance devices using GSM based technology)
- For use by security personnel in government and military establishments
- Detection of unauthorised mobile phones
- Security companies who need to sweep boardrooms for GSM devices
- Nuclear sites & petrochemical facilities